In 1913, brothers Mario and Martino Prada started their company. This was a leather goods store in Milan, Italy. The main products they sold were leather goods, as well as some handbags and steamer trunks that were imported from England. In the beginning, there were no females working for the company, as Mario Prada did not think women should work outside of the home.
My, how things change over time. Mario Prada’s son didn’t want anything to do with the family business. But, he did have a daughter who was interested, so whether her grandfather liked it or not, a woman ended up running the company. Luisa Prada controlled the business for nearly 20 years, then her daughter Miuccia Prada took over in 1978. The company then started introducing new products, including waterproof backpacks. Her future husband was the owner of a leather goods business, and he helped Miuccia make the company into what it is today. They stopped importing goods from England, and started changing the styles of luggage that was sold.
By 1987, Prada was a huge contender in the fashion industry, with a line of ready-to-wear clothing for women. The fashions were popular, because they were simple in design and color, but made with luxurious fabrics. An interesting tidbit about Prada is the fact that the name sells itself, and doesn’t rely on a fancy logo to sell products. The logo is not made to stand out, unlike other brands such as Calvin Klein and Gucci, which are known more for their logos than anything else.
What You Will Find at Prada Outlet Stores
Prada is best known for stylish footwear and handbags. When you shop at Prada outlet stores, you will find a great selection of these, as well as other products to help you accessorize all of your favorite outfits. Some of the products for women include:
- Handbags – Prada has an amazing selection of designer handbags, and you can get them at low prices when you shop at outlet stores. Choose from totes, shoulder bags, top handle bags, clutches and evening purses.
- Footwear – You have so many options when it comes to Prada shoes. Enjoy wearing heels, flats, sandals, tall fashion boots, ankle boots and even sports shoes.
- Other Accessories – You will surely want to get accessories to go with your new bags and shoes, and Prada has what you need. You will find scarves, wallets, jewelry, sunglasses, belts and a whole lot more.
Prada also has many great products for men, including footwear and sunglasses. Of course, there is a wide selection of backpacks and other types of luggage for the man who does a lot of travel, whether it be for business or for pleasure. You will find suitcases, messenger bags, trolleys and more. Other popular Prada products for men include:
- Briefcases – There are many different colors and styles to choose from.
- Wallets – You can choose from billfolds, zippered wallets, coin purses, document holders and more.
- Small Accessories – A fashionable man will want to have the right accessories, and Prada has what he needs. Find key chains, belts and even chess sets.
Where to Find Prada Outlet Stores
There are all kinds of ways that you can get the Prada designs you love so much without having to pay designer prices. All you have to do is hit the outlet stores. There are even online stores that sell Prada products at discounted prices. There are outlet malls all across the United States, and six of those malls have Prada outlet stores, where you will find amazing deals on shoes, handbags, sunglasses and a whole lot more. There are no outlet malls on the East Coast with Prada stores, but you will find them on the West Coast as well as in some of the southern states. You can find these stores in the following outlet malls:
- Livermore Premium Outlets – Livermore, CA (San Francisco Bay area)
- Orlando Premium Outlets-Vineland Ave. – Orlando, FL
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets – Central Valley, NY (Catskills area)
- San Marcos Premium Outlets – San Marcos, TX
- Sawgrass Mills – Sunrise, FL (Miami area)
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets – Cabazon, CA (LA area)
Why Outlet Shopping?
Everyone loves to be able to say that they have bought designer fashions, but only paid K-Mart prices. When you shop at outlet stores, these are exactly the bargains you are going to find. Outlet stores are able to sell merchandise with discounts of as much as 70% off regular retail prices. How can they do this? Well, they are not selling shoddy merchandise, if that’s what you are thinking. In fact, the merchandise you find in outlet stores is exactly the same as what you would find in the regular brand name stores. There are a couple of reason why outlet stores can sell their merchandise at such low prices:
- Overstock – Often, stores buy more merchandise than they can actually sell. In order to clear up space for new products, they must get rid of the overstocked items. They do this by sending it to outlet stores. You get to benefit from stores overstocking merchandise.
- Factory Seconds – In many cases, the merchandise at outlet stores is factory seconds. These are not damaged products, but they often have very minor flaws, which makes it so they can’t be sold in the regular stores at full retail prices. These flaws are so minor that in most cases, you will be hard pressed to figure out what they are. Often, it is something as simple as a missing button or a loose thread that makes a product a factory second.
Satisfy Your Craving for Prada Products
You can wear your favorite Prada shoes and carry matching handbags without spending designer prices when you shop at Prada outlet stores. If you are planning on being on the West Coast, or in Florida or Texas, you can easily find these stores at popular outlet malls. While you’re there, don’t forget to check out all of the other popular fashion outlet stores. You can leave looking like a million bucks, but only you will know how much you actually spent.