For as large of a state as Colorado is, you would think there would be more outlet mall locations. Surprisingly, at this time, there are not that many. However that shouldn’t discourage you. For residents it may mean planning a day or weekend trip.
However for visitors to the state, there is a good chance that the outlet malls available are where you are going to be traveling to anyway. Three of the bigger ones are located within the Denver area.
To get an idea of what is in store for you when it comes to outlet mall shopping, here are a few of your choices:
- The Outlets at Loveland - This is a smaller and more intimate outlet mall, but there is still enough to choose from. Located in Loveland, CO shoppers can look for discounted deals from brand names including but not limited to Famous Footwear, J. Crew, Samsonite, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger and Vitamin World. Don’t forget to pick up something yummy at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
- Outlets at Silverthorne - This outlet mall location in Silverthorne, CO is slightly bigger than the Outlets at Loveland. This location also includes a restaurant. Among the more than 50 stores, you’ll locate some great places to shop such as Calvin Klein, Columbia Sportswear, Guess, Levi’s, PacSun, Under Armour and so much more. Shoppers enjoy the modern brands starting to show up here. They especially love taking a break for a bite to eat at Chipotle Mexican Restaurant.
- Colorado Mills - Colorado Mills is another outlet mall located outside of Denver in Lakewood, CO. This is a popular shopping spot because it has so many stores and restaurants. For shopping you can choose from some new favorites and brand classics including Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, Charlotte Russe, Earthbound Trading Company, Forever 21, Lids and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Dine at places such as California Pizza Kitchen, Panda Express or grab a snack from somewhere like Wetzel’s Pretzels.
- Outlets at Castle Rock - Although not as large as Colorado Mills, the Outlets at Castle Rock still currently host nearly 100 outlet stores and have about seven eateries. Located in Castle Rock, CO, this outlet mall is still considered part of the Denver area. Find some great deals while shopping among choices including Adidas, Bass, Claire’s, Guess, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors and Sunglass Hut. Take a break from some of Colorado’s favorite outlet shopping for some dining or snack foods at places like Umi Sushi, Steak N’ Bake or Burgers Plus.
Make a Trip
When it comes to planning for outlet shopping in Colorado, or anywhere for that matter, there are a few things to keep in mind. This is especially important if you are not a regular outlet mall shopper. Before heading out to any of the outlets mentioned here, consider some of these tips:
- Check for coupons - Many of the outlet mall offices have coupon books or a Reward Program. You can also browse online and print off coupons. Just don’t print coupons for full retail brands only to find out you can’t use them at outlet stores.
- Understand returns and exchanges - Because outlet stores are really hoping to sell off their outlet merchandise and be done with it, some have stricter return and exchange policies. Make sure you are aware of the return and exchange policy before making any purchases. It is especially important to realize you may not be able to return an outlet purchase at regular retail.