About Kate Spade
Kate Spade is one of those newer companies that seems to have practically taken off overnight. One day the brand doesn’t exist; the next it seems every fashion-conscious shopper and their mother knows the name. Some of that could have a lot to do with the fact that Kate Brosnahan Spade already had a career in fashion before launching her own line.
The former accessories editor from Mademoiselle decided to take on the task of designing the perfect handbag. In 1993 the Kate Spade line launched with just six handbag designs debuting. The young designer’s approach was to incorporate sleek and modern paired with utilitarian yet fun. Color was a must, and this helped make her approach and outlook new and fresh compared to other looks in handbags available on the market at that time. And so Kate Spade New York began.
The Growth of a Young Handbag Designer
It didn’t take long for the look, and the name, to take off. Female shoppers and fashion editors alike all loved the look that Kate Spade handbags had to offer the fashion world. It wasn’t long before the demand showed the need for the opening of a store. For that reason, the first store opened in New York in 1996.
The look of Kate Spade to soon took off; not just in fashion obsessed New York, but across the entire world. In 2007 Kate Spade actually made the decision to let the design firm formerly known as Liz Claiborne, Inc take over. Fifth and Pacific Companies, Inc. thought that the Kate Spade line was ready to expand a little bit and see part of the fashion world beyond just handbags. What was to follow would begin to include:
- And eventually even more
One thing certainly remains the same when it comes to the Kate Spade brand name and that’s a colorful approach to lifestyle needs.
Some Popular Kate Spade Products
Even with the product line expansion that began a few years ago, Kate Spade is still a designer brand name synonymous with trendy handbags. So it should come as no surprise that the best sellers for the brand are still handbags. To get a good overview of what the brand is all about, here are a few of the company’s best sellers right now:
- Kate Spade New York Mercer Isle Small Sloan Top Zip Satchel -- Although this style sells in asphalt or goose egg (black or white), it’s the textured leather that makes it really pop. Of course, the 14k gold hardware adds a lot to it as well. This style includes top zip closure, fabric lined interior, and plenty of side pockets, making it as functional as it is attractive.
- Kate Spade New York Live Colorfully Small Natalie -- Who says your make up bag has to be boring? When it comes to Kate Spade, even this little travel bag makes quite a splash. This cosmetic case is at least as vibrant as, if not more so than, the cosmetics that will be stowed away inside. Not only is this one stunning, it’s user friendly and easy to clean so you can keep it looking good for as long as you have it around.
- Kate Spade New York “La Pavillion” iPhone Case -- Yes, even handheld mobile devices need to be fashionable these days. Made from resin, these iPhone cases are adorned with shadowed polka dots.
- Kate Spade New York Gold Coast Lacey Zip Around Wallet -- Of course, when it comes to what goes inside that Kate Spade handbag, only the finest Kate Spade accessories will do. This women’s wallet contains 3threecompartments and designated card slots, and has a middle zippered section. It’s the luxurious quilted pattern exterior in fun shades like teal or gold that also makes it quite a great seller for the Kate Spade line.
- Kate Spade New York Gramercy Watch -- Stylish and functional, this watch is made of stainless steel available in gold or rose gold. The mother of pearl dial really sets off the look. And even looking as elegant and dainty as it does, this time piece is also water resistant, so it can take almost any element or environment you put it in.
Shopping Kate Spade New York
Anyone who has shopped for Kate Spade New York knows that with this level of quality and style comes a price tag to match. However, even being in the upper echelon of prices has not stopped this designer brand from becoming so popular. Every true fashionista has to own at least one Kate Spade handbag. The good news is that those budget-savvy fashionistas can easily own several Kate Spade items by making it a point to check out Kate Spade outlets.
Although the Kate Spade outlet is a little more obscure and harder to find than more common outlets, there are a handful of them out there. Probably not surprising, the majority of Kate Spade outlets happen to be in New York.
Some of the outlet locations you’ll find include but are not limited to a couple of the four locations in New York:
- Tanger Outlets of Deer Park in Deer Park, NY
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets NY in Central Valley, NY
And then there are others scattered across the country, including:
- Camarillo Premium Outlets in Camarillo, CA
- Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, FL, just outside of Miami
- Las Vegas Premium Outlets in Las Vegas, NV
- San Marcos Premium Outlets in San Marcos, TX
Yet there are still plenty more, including locations in:
- New Jersey
- And several other states and locations
The key to finding the Kate Spade New York outlet nearest you is to do a little research on your local outlet shopping mall center. If you are going to be traveling in the near future, check out the area before arriving to see if there is a Kate Spade outlet there. The savings on these amazing styles make the trip well worth it.