About Harry & David
It’s hard to pinpoint the exact moment that Harry & David became the company that it is known as today. One could say it all began in 1914 when brothers Harry and David took over their family’s orchard business following their father’s death. From there, the path the business took was to be a rocky road and not always one they had control over.
The brothers both studied agriculture at Cornell University and specialized their business around the Comice pear, renaming the one they provided to customers as “Royal Riviera.” This alone boosted their business as they sold to the finest hotels and restaurants of Europe until the Great Depression hit. In order to save the business, the brothers began mail order, and the rest is history. Although the modern day variety of selections you find when you shop Harry & David is much broader than just pears, the quality remains with the same high standards.
Delicious Shopping Choices
If you have never shopped at Harry & David before, you may not even be aware of what’s available. In fact, many shoppers of this brand are still not even aware of the vast variety of selections available. Just browsing the different categories should help tempt you to do some gift shopping or to indulge in a gift for yourself. You’ll find selections from:
- Gourmet Foods
- Gift Baskets & Towers
- Chocolates & Sweets
- Pears & Fresh Fruit
- Flowers & Plants
- Holidays & Special Occasions
- Fruit Clubs
- Sales & Specials
So what exactly can you find as an example of some of the delicious shopping choices from Harry & David? Although there are plenty of selections available, a few examples of some of the more popular items are:
- Crater Lake Gift Basket Classic - The great thing about shopping for gift baskets is that they come in such a large variety. One of the popular choices is the Crater Lake Gift Basket meant to honor one of the favorite Southern Oregon landmarks, Crater Lake. Use this as a basket of goodies to take on a hike to the lake or simply to enjoy these lake-inspired treats. You’ll get a variety of items, including cheddar cheese, crackers, chocolate cherries, pepper and onion relish, plus plenty more.
- Chicken Pot Pie - Among the Gourmet Foods collection is one of America’s classic favorites, the Chicken Pot Pie. This one is like homemade but with the finest of gourmet ingredients. The recipe includes tender white meat, onions, carrots, and peas paired with the perfect blend of spices, all baked in a tasty, flaky crust. Send this as a gift or enjoy it for yourself and your family.
- Lavender Wreath - Within the Flowers & Plants section that Harry & David offers, you’ll find the always popular Lavender Wreath. This always makes a great gift for holidays or a housewarming gift. The lavender used is expertly grown, and the wreath is handmade for an end result that smells as wonderful as it looks.
Finding Harry & David Outlet Deals
If you live near or plan to travel to any location that may have outlet shopping, Harry & David is a great name to look for. You can find extra special discount deals on some of the finest gifts and foods available from this name. Currently there are locations in about 26 states in many outlet mall locations.
Without trying to name each location here, this is a sample of some of the popular mall locations around the U.S. If what you are looking for isn’t listed here, simply do a search for your state or a location you may soon be visiting to locate a Harry & David outlet near you.
- Vacaville Premium Outlets - California is full of outlet locations, but this one, at 321 Nut Tree Road in Vacaville, CA, hosts over 100 stores and several restaurants under one roof. Aside from Harry & David, shoppers can also find deals from brand names like Banana Republic, Crocs, Juicy Couture, Kenneth Cole, and so much more. So if you are in the San Francisco or Sacramento area, make sure to plan a visit to this outlet mall.
- Hagerstown Premium Outlets - Located at 495 Prime Outlets Blvd in Hagerstown, MD, this outlet mall location includes over 100 stores and just under 10 different restaurants. In addition to the delicious Harry & David store, you can also find great deals from stores, including, but not limited to, Ann Taylor Factory Store, Bath & Body Works, Crazy 8, Fossil, Guess Factory Store, and Polo Ralph Lauren. Check the online directory to sneak a peek at what else this location has to offer before arriving for shopping day.
- Tanger Outlet of Riverhead NY - Living in or visiting New York usually means shopping. But even more important than shopping is finding great deals to stretch that shopping budget even further. When you stop by 1770 West Main St in Riverhead, NY, you will find all the treats you want at the Harry & David Outlet. However, there is plenty more shopping to be done among other famous names like 2b bebe, American Eagle Outfitters, Barneys New York, California Sunshine Swimwear, Elizabeth Arden, H&M, plus so much more. When it comes to fine outlet store shopping, this location is known for hosting some of the harder to find brand names.
This is just a sample of some of the Harry & David outlets you can find. Look up your favorite outlet mall or vacation destination to see if there’s one there. With a little research, you should be able to find some of the most delicious outlet deals around.