Although Hanes may not be making it on any Hollywood lists of who wore what to which big event, it has still earned its place in fashion history. When you have been in business as long as they have and continue to design new products, you earn the right to be part of fashion history. Despite Hanes being a staple of many wardrobes and having such a long history, not that many people know the history of Hanes.
History of Hanes
The company first started in 1901 as P.H. Hanes Knitting Company. The company started out as a manufacturer of men’s underwear, which they still are today. Only today, the brand offers a wider variety than it once did. This kept the company going along steadily, keeping a brand-loyal base of customers and adding to that customer base along the way.
It wasn’t until the 1970s that the company made a change. When executives realized that their brand of t-shirts were being used for screen printing and worn for outerwear, this gave them an idea. A new line of t-shirts meant just for screen printing was developed and sold directly to screen printers.
From there the company began to look more seriously at ways to improve or expand their products and product lines along the way. Here are some more of their accomplishments throughout the years:
- In the ‘80s Hanes introduced Fleece and Sportshirts to the line of short and long sleeve undershirts already available.
- During the ‘90s Hanes became a major sponsor for the Atlanta Olympics, including a project that raised more than $30,000 for getting tickets for the games for underprivileged kids.
- Finally in 2004 Hanes developed what consumers had been wanting without even realizing it – the tagless t-shirt
- Other innovative under garments such as the lightweight nano- T, Cool DRI Performance and others have all become part of the quality customers have come to know and love from the Hanes brand.
These days you can get a lot more from the Hanes brand than just men’s underwear. In fact, you can shop for adults and kids and both genders. Not to mention you can shop from different categories within each division, such as:
- Thermal underwear
- Pajamas & lounge
- Polo shirts
- Pants & shorts
- Plus more including Big & Tall
- Women’s thermals
- Sleepwear & lounge
- Panties & shapewear
- Women’s socks & slippers
- And others such as Plus Size
For kids, it’s much of the same plus they even have Hanes for infant and toddlers.
Hanes Means Savings
Another reason Hanes has become such a staple in under garments is the affordability factor. Customers get great quality for a great price. This is the very definition of value. Shopping for the very best deals on Hanes products means finding the savings available at factory outlet malls.
The good news is that there are plenty of Hanes outlet locations. The trick is realizing that Hanes outlets are actually part of the L’eggs Hanes Bali Playtex outlets. So, when conducting your search, keep this in mind. Some of the more popular L’eggs Hanes Bali Playtex outlets are found at these locations, but there are plenty more than these and more are popping up every day.
- Tanger Outlets Branson, MO -- Branson, Missouri is known for being a hub for entertainment, dining and plenty of outlet shopping. In addition to L’eggs Hanes Bali Playtex, here you will also find some great brand names such as LOFT Outlet, American Eagle Outfitters, BCBG MAX AZARIA Final Cut and Under Armour.
- Tanger Outlets Sevierville, TN -- Located in the heart of Tennessee Dixie, in other words down the road from Dollywood, shoppers flock to this megaplex of outlet shopping. There are simply too many stores to name even in a full article, but aside from Hanes shoppers also love names including Juicy Couture, Disney Outlet, Gap Outlet and The Children’s Place. Plus everyone loves to grab a meal at the Chop House here.
- Tanger Outlets Gonzales, LA -- For those who are looking for something aside from the French Quarter and swamp tours when heading to Louisiana, this outlet center is the perfect solution. So aside from just L’eggs Hanes Bali Playtex, you can also find popular name brand stores such as Kenneth Cole, Aeropostale, Old Navy Outlet and Brooks Brothers Factory Store.
- Tanger Outlets Hilton Head, South Carolina -- Hilton Head is already a beautiful and popular destination spot ideal for a vacation. Add to that this outlet mall location, and it makes it that much more appealing. Besides the Hanes outlet, check for other favorites like J. Crew, Adidas, Joe’s Jeans, Banana Republic Factory Store and so much more.
While shopping for comfortable undergarments may not be at the top of your vacation shopping list, the deals you find at Hanes outlets will make it fun.