Children’s fashions have never been so in demand. While generations ago, kid’s clothing lacked the fashion sense now present, and kids also didn’t have much say in the clothing they wore. The times have changed and so have fashions for kids.
Gymboree is one of the most popular brand names in kid’s fashions these days. Not to mention the corporation now operates many other popular brand names retailers for youth. Like every company, though, they had to start somewhere.
The Beginning of Gymboree
Gymboree is one of the newer brand names in the market these days. This is partly because the trend for fashionable children’s clothing has only become popular in the last few decades. The kids have demanded better fashions, and smart companies have responded.
Gymboree just happens to be one of those companies, and it all began in 1986. This American company is based out of San Francisco and operates a chain of more than 1,200 specialty retail stores for clothing for kids. Their territory includes Canada and Puerto Rico as well as the U.S. International expansion is continuing for the company.
Gymboree itself operates 631 stores. The company also has close to 500 Play and Music centers across the world. The main focus of Gymboree, though, is to offer coordinating children’s outfits. Yet it is so much more than that.
- Gymboree tries to offer fashionable looks that help youngsters complete a trendy look from head to toe.
Sizes available start at birth and grow to age 12. Known for its vivid colors, high quality fabrics and attention to detail, it is no wonder this name brand has become so popular with children and their parents.
There is more to Gymboree, though, and here is some of what you should know about their other stores and brands.
- Gymboree Factory Outlet Stores -- At this time there are currently around 160 Gymboree outlet store locations throughout the U.S. It’s the same great styles and quality at discount outlet prices.
- Crazy 8 Retail Stores -- Developed in 2007 to compete with low cost name brands such as Old Navy, Crazy 8 has become quite popular. The sizes start from newborn and range up to 14. Like the original Gymboree, there are Crazy 8 retail stores and Crazy 8 outlet stores.
- Janie and Jack Retail Shops -- Also known for great color and fabric use, Janie and Jack has around 133 shop locations currently. In retail locations, shoppers can take advantage of clothing up to size 6, but online this goes all the way up to 12. This is almost more of a boutique look for kid’s clothing with details such as hand embroidery.
There is also the Gymboree Play & Music Programs for newborns up to age five. These classes, or parent-child courses, are designed by early childhood experts. From books and toys to even concepts for birthday parties, this is a unique feature of the Gymboree line. There are around 712 franchises for this program throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Shopping for Gymboree
When you shop for clothing at Gymboree, you choose from categories such as Newborn, Baby Girl, Girl and Baby Boy. There are plenty of cool and trendy looks available, which is what makes this brand so popular. A sample of some popular items at Gymboree include:
- Kitty Faux Shearling Hooded Jacket -- Available in winter white, this adorable fleece is perfect for cooler temperatures. What makes this fleece outerwear so adorable are the 3D ears on the top of the hood. This selection is for newborns up to age 24 months.
- Stripe Half Zip Sweater -- In the baby boys department you can find this classic winter piece. A thick and colorful knit sweater with a soft zipper on front and colorful elbow patches. Available in night sky blue and for ages / sizes 3 months to 5T.
- Polka Dot Twill Pants -- For girl’s age / size 3 – 12 years, this classic is an adorable and fashionable must have featuring skinny pant fit with plenty of stretch. Available in red or blue with classic bright polka dots for adorable leggings.
Of course the next thing you will need to decide is where to shop for Gymboree or any of the brands operated by this kid’s focused company. Online or full retail are two options, but for the best savings possible it is a good idea to consider one of the many factory outlet locations.
Here are a few of the outlet shopping centers whre you can locate a Gymboree Outlet:
- Tanger Outlet Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Folsom Premium Outlets in Foley, California
- Tanger Outlet Barstow, California
- Kittery Premium Outlets in Kittery, Maine
- Florida Keys Outlet Center in Florida City, Florida
- Tanger Outlet Ocean City, Maryland
- Tanger Outlet Foley, Alabama
- Lebanon Premium Outlets in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Plus so many more
Don’t just shop for the best in kid’s fashionable clothes, get great savings when you shop at Gymboree Outlet.