Gold Toe Outlet Malls
About Gold Toe
Not every brand is as alluring as some of the high fashion designer names. Some brands have just managed to establish themselves as staples in the wardrobe industry. GOLDTOE is one of those brands.
This brand is important to have and has been around for as long as anyone can recall. Yet few people even know much about the history of the company. Even brand loyal shoppers usually don’t know much about the company behind the brand they have come to rely on so much for so long.
Behind the Scenes
While not every brand name history can be glamorous or dramatic, some are just sweet and demonstrate brands that have actually become part of American history. The reason behind the launch of GOLDTOE more than 75 years ago was that two German immigrants wanted to give something back to the United States. In their eyes, they felt it was important to give back in some way to a country that had done so much for them.
It all began at a small mill in a barely known part of Pennsylvania called Bally. These two German immigrants used this mill to manufacture hosiery for men. To honor their feelings about their new homeland, the men named their mill the Great American Knitting Mills.
The goal of this mill was seek out and find those “golden” opportunities in the marketplace. Yet what eventually happened was that the mill itself would be its own golden opportunity. That’s because it was available to answer the needs of Americans who were impacted the hardest by the Great Depression.
In 1929 the traits Americans wanted most from their hosiery was something durable. Something that could wear better and stand the test of time. To answer this call, the Great American Knitting Mills responded with a sock that had a gold tarn sewn into the toe for reinforcement.
- It was just a matter of time before the demand for the sock with the “Gold Toe” became what all Americans wanted.
For years, decades even, this brand has been one of the leading brands in America. It wasn’t until 2002, though, that they finally changed their name to what they had come to be known for, GOLDTOE.
- Here’s something else you probably didn’t know about the brand: GOLDTOE boasts being responsible for greater than 50% of department store sales for dress socks for men in the U.S.
With executive headquarters in New York and operations headquarters in Burlington, North Carolina the company has obviously expanded over the years. This includes producing more than just men’s hosiery.
- In 1983, GOLDTOE finally introduced a line for women.
- In 1986, the boys’ line was launched.
- In 1992, the brand developed tights for women.
So what makes GOLDTOE stand out above the competition?
- The socks manufactured by this company are made with only the finest yarns.
- The toe and heel are reinforced, which makes them more comfortable and helps them last longer.
- The seams on GOLDTOE socks are flattened for a better, smoother fit in shoes.
Shopping for GOLDTOE
The GOLDTOE product line has grown so much over the past 75 years. You can shop for Men’s, Women’s and Kids’ as well as Men’s Underwear now. Here is just one example of a popular seller from this brand in each category:
- Men’s Carlisle over the Calf -- Created from the best and most innovative yarns available, this classic from GOLDTOE meets high standards. In addition to the expected reinforced toe, this style uses AquaFX Moisture Control System to keep feet drier and more comfortable throughout the day.
- Women’s Non-Binding Sloppy Boot with AquaFX -- This slouchy look isn’t just a cute look for the right occasion; the fit is ideal for diabetics. These are incredibly soft and perfect for wicking away moisture.
- Boy’s GOLDTOE Sport Crew -- These crew length athletic socks have the EZ Match feature, in which the number of rings tells the size. It’s a truly comfortable sock for athletic wear.
- Men’s Woven Boxer -- Featuring side seams for ultimate comfort, these boxers have a seamless back and no gap fly opening.
Where you shop for GOLDTOE is up to you, be it online, at a full retail location or at one of the factory outlet GOLDTOE locations. Some of these locations include but are not limited to:
- Tanger Outlet Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Livermore Premium Outlets, Livermore, California
- Tanger Outlet Phoenix / Glendale, Arizona
- Nebraska Crossing Outlets Gretna, NE
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets Destin, FL
- Tanger Outlet Foley, Alabama
- Tanger Outlet Mebane, North Carolina
- Gaffney Premium Outlets Gaffney, South Carolina
- Plus plenty more
GOLDTOE is a brand that is easy to find at multiple factory outlet shopping center locations. So plan your next trip today. Whether there is one in your backyard or in your next vacation location, include a stop at GOLDTOE and stock up for the entire family.
This brand is the epitome of high standards, high quality and a bit of American history and tradition.