Shopping Freeport, Maine, is an experience not quite like simply shopping anywhere else. While visitors can certainly find world class shopping, there is also plenty of local charm present here. Your Main Street Freeport, Maine, shopping experience will remind you of how enjoyable shopping really can be. Unique is easily the best word to use to describe your shopping options in this area. Freeport Village Station offers many great stores.
In addition to internationally known and loved brands, shoppers can also find outlet stores mixed into the equation. Stroll the historic streets and take in the rustic charm of the brick walkways while finding some great deals on your favorite brands. One thing can certainly be said, there is definitely something for everyone who shops in Freeport, Maine.
What You Will Find in Freeport
There is plenty to choose from when you shop Freeport, Maine, and in many different categories. Much of it includes outlet shopping, and some is full retail. In fact, there simply isn’t another shopping experience quite as unique as the eclectic blend you will find at Freeport, Maine.
Here are just some of the outlets you will find here:
- J. Crew / Crewcuts Factory – brand name fashions for the entire family
- Nine West Outlet – hottest trends in women’s footwear fashions at a discount
- Cole Haan Outlet – men’s and women’s fashionable footwear, outerwear, bags, accessories, and more
- Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store – a classic preppy name in family fashions but at outlet prices
- L.L. Bean Outlet – casual wear and outdoor wear for the family
- Coach Factory – stylish handbags and more from a favorite name in this category
- Plus plenty more
However, many people come to shop here for more than just the great factory outlet deals they will find. For one thing, this happens to be the L.L. Bean flagship store location. There are also so many choices of places to shop that it is easy to spend several days simply strolling the streets and taking it all in. So once you find your bargain deals at some of your favorite name brands, here are some other places you may want to check out:
- Vineyard Vines – trendy meets preppy for all things related to clothing for kids
- Dooney & Bourke – one of the hottest names in purses, handbags, and more
- The Community Center Thrift Shop – find great deals on gently used name brand clothing or fun vintage finds
- Island Treasure Toys – where your kids will find everything they have dreamed of and more
- Chilton Furniture and Shaker Gallery – for everything you need to personalize your home
- Jill McGowan – fine styles for jewelry and accessories
- Pet Pantry – so even your four-legged best friend gets pampered
- And this is just the start
And, of course, make it a point to shop local. When you stroll through Freeport, Maine, take some time to see what local vendors have to offer. The money you save on great outlet deals can be put towards supporting local Freeport businesses.
- Freeport Ski & Bike – for the great outdoors enthusiast
- Sherman Books & Stationary – find a great read or a great gift
- Casco Bay Cutlery & Kitchenware – because everyone could use something extra for their kitchen
- Edgecomb Potters – your best souvenir of the area could be some beautiful, locally-made pottery
- And there’s so much more to explore
Dine from choices like Lobster Cooker for American seafood, Petrillo’s Italian for authentic cuisine, or Freeport Chowder House for total local flair. There is plenty to do as well, including Atlantic Seal Cruises, Smudge Art Studio for Kids, or Maine State Music Theatre.
This is more than an outlet shopping trip; it is a unique and memorable experience. It just happens to also include some classic factory outlet brands so you can get some great deals.