Everyone is familiar with at least one Bose product whether they have seen them advertised on television, infomercials or in various print ads. But Bose is more than just the small, highly functional radio for home use. The company also sells items for the office, home theater systems, automotive, mobile and even professional level sound equipment that is used in some of the biggest arenas in the United States. The Bose radio that you need will depend on the size of the area, what kind of music you are listening to and what you expect to get out of the listening experience.
In addition to these high quality sound systems, Bose also sells accessories including speakers, headphones, mounting equipment and more.
Choosing the Right Sound System for Your Needs
The general size of the area where you will set up your sound system has a major role in how well it will work. A system that is too large for the room may overwhelm the listener and distort the sounds, while one that is too small may not bring all of the notes to life adequately. A system that works well in one room may not work well in another- for instance, the perfect sound system for your personal home may not be right in the office or a busier area. Outdoor listening also presents additional challenges and must be addressed by not only the right system but the right installation of that system. For all of these reasons, Bose stores are staffed by people who know sound and sound systems and can give you all of the advice that you need so that your needs are met.
Some of the sound systems that are recommended by Bose:
- The Wave Radio III. Best for radio listening in small to medium sized rooms, this unit is also expandable to be compatible with your iPod, home computer or smartphone.
- The Acoustic Wave Music System II. Best for larger rooms or used outdoors. This one is also expandable like the Wave Radio II but goes a little further. This unit also plays compact discs or am/fm radio.
- The Wave Music System III. Best used for home or office.
In addition to these, there are other units, specifically designed for unique situations.
Choosing the Right Accessories: Headphones
Not everyone shares the same tastes in music, and there often comes a time when, to keep the peace, we have to put on headphones or forego listening to music. Bose offers a wide range of headphones so that you never have to experience life without the pleasure of your favorite sounds. Your choices include:
- In ear headphones. These are the smallest available with tiny ear buds that fit comfortably inside of the ear. They are usually popular with those who like to have an unobtrusive appearance to their headphones or are more active because they typically do not get in the way of movements.
- Around the ear headphones. Slightly more comfortable than in ear styles, these are often used by those who sensitive ears that cannot handle having anything inside of them. These are also good for people who still need to hear outside sounds while they are enjoying their tunes.
- Over the ear headphones. These are the traditionally styled headphones that fit over the ear like gentle cups. Fully adjustable for proper fit, these are typically the most comfortable to wear and the easiest to get used to.
- Noise cancelling headphones. These cancel most if not all sounds from outside so that you are not bothered by traffic noise or other interference when you are listening to your music.
- Sport headphones. Designed for the active person, these headphones are made to stay in place during even higher impact activities such as running.
Both Bluetooth and aviation headsets are also available from Bose.
The Right Accessories: Speakers
While each Bose system does have its own speakers, some people like to expand their sound options just a little further with external speakers. These allow them to direct sound from one room to another or to create the full, living symphony effect. Some of the speaker choices include:
- Computer speakers
- Bluetooth enabled speakers
- Sounddock for iPod
- Home theater and surround sound speakers
- Live sound speakers
- Outdoor or marine speakers
Outdoor speakers are specifically designed to give you the best sound quality for outdoor situations with speakers that are rugged and durable for any weather condition.
What to Expect from a Bose Store
A Bose store is not just another “sound” store. There are several different types of stores and each of them have a little different to offer.
- A showcase store is the main Bose store and has nearly everything the company has to offer. These are also the stores that offer full, in-store financing, custom installation and demonstrations of products.
- Factory stores offer value priced or factory renewed items. These sometimes offer fewer items than the showcase stores.
- Personal audio stores. These offer only select “on the go” items that have been shown to sell well in certain situations.
- Airport kiosks. Located in certain airports around the country, these are small stores that only sell items that are geared toward travelers. These can only be accessed by people who have tickets.
Bose Outlet Stores
Having the best sound quality is something that everyone wants, but sometimes budgets can get in the way of that. Sure, you could buy a lesser quality sound system or you could find your own real Bose sound at a price you can afford at one of the 81 outlet stores in the United States. More than 30 states have Bose outlets. Each of these stores sells a wide range of factory renewed, branded products at a fraction of the cost that you would see in the other stores.
What Does “Factory Renewed” Mean?
Any item that is returned to a Bose store, no matter what the reason, is brought back to the factory where it is thoroughly inspected, tested and then serviced to meet the high quality standards of the company. No longer able to be sold as new, these items are instead sold as “factory renewed” and may be perfect. Other items may have minor physical blemishes but will still work perfectly. All of these items are sold with the same Bose factory warranty as new items.