Banana Republic Outlet Malls
About Banana Republic
Although Banana Republic was founded on its own, it has been a part of Gap, Inc. for almost as many years as it has been in business. The original Banana Republic was founded in 1978, but Gap Inc. acquired it in 1983. For anyone who was around and shopping back in those days, they may recall the original safari themed store, which was replaced by a more upscale and posh approach once it became part of the Gap line.
Along with the original safari theme, the image came complete with travel inspired back stories and décor in the store that included large taxidermy jungle animals and Jeeps. For years, though, the image has been refined, crisp, clean, and modern but elegant and simplistic. Through the years the stores have continued to find steady growth with its first location outside North America occurring in Tokyo in 2005.
Shopping Banana Republic Style
Shoppers no longer have to push past safari Jeeps to shop from the rack. The look today is smart and sophisticated while retaining a youthful look. Departments in Banana Republic include:
- Men’s Big & Tall
- Women’s Tall
- Shoes & Handbags
- Jewelry & Accessories
There are plenty of fabulous new and classic looks from each of these departments, but here are some of the current best sellers you may find while shopping Banana Republic:
- Women’s Piped Pink Cotton Blazer -- Nothing is more classic and attractive than the women’s blazer. This version from Banana Republic makes professional and clean somehow still sexy, sassy, and fun. This style comes with long sleeves and a notch collar as well as a single button closure and front patch pockets. It’s also fully lined, making it perfect for career apparel.
- Heritage Navy Cotton Pea Coat -- Part of Banana Republic’s classic look is the Heritage Collection. This timeless pea coat look brings a modern twist to the look. This style comes with peak lapel and double breasted closure. There’s also four exterior pockets, three button cuffs, and a double lined back vent to complete the look. Some of the best fashion craftsmanship these days comes from the Heritage Collection from Banana Republic.
- Kate Pump -- Available in three rich colors, including sahara, black, and flush, the Kate pump is elegant yet still flirty. This stunning and dramatic professional pump is 100% leather or suede, depending on your color choice. Even with a 4-inch heel and half- inch platform, women will love the way they feel. The breathable lining and memory foam cushioning for the insole make it easy to wear all day.
- Delhi Delight Semi-precious Necklace -- Exquisite and attention grabbing, the Delhi Delight Semi-precious necklace has been a popular jewelry choice from Banana Republic. It comes in a base metal setting, 10k gold plated, and with a toggle closure. You get semi-precious chalcedony stones, and the entire piece measures 18 inches from end to end. This look is only available for a limited time, however, so make it a point to take a look and shop while you still have the chance.
Finding the Best Banana Republic Deals
Although Banana Republic doesn’t come with the same level of price tag that some of the more haute couture designer name brands do, this level of quality does still come at a certain price level. Of course, for those shoppers on a tighter budget that still want the look, style, and quality that comes with Banana Republic, it’s time to take a look at how to find better deals from this brand.
The good news is that there are plenty of Banana Republic outlets for shoppers to take advantage of great deals at. In practically every state that an outlet mall can be found, a Banana Republic Factory Store can also be tracked down. You’ll find the most in California, with about 12 different locations, followed by Texas with eight and Florida with seven, yet there are still plenty more to be found in other states as well.
Although it wouldn’t be possible to list all of the locations available, here’s an overview of some of the more popular Banana Republic Factory Store locations:
- Napa Premium Outlets in Napa, CA, in the San Francisco Bay area
- North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville, GA, in the northern part of the state
- Queenstown Premium Outlets in Queenstown, MD, in the DC area
- Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas in Primm, NV, in the Las Vegas area
- Tanger Five Oaks in Sevierville, TN, outside of Knoxville and near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
And that’s just to name a few. Anyone looking to find a bargain when it comes to shopping for Banana Republic should take a moment to check for one close to where they live or plan to travel. The deals you can find from an upscale Banana Republic Factory Outlet are hard to compare to your average outlet mall shopping center finds. Check your local listings for the outlet mall location nearest you.