When it comes to outlet shopping in Atlanta, shoppers actually have several choices within an area just outside of the city. For residents of the area there are several locations you could drive to and probably even spend a day at each one. If you are traveling to the Atlanta area, though, you may need to some planning and research.
Figure out which of the choices has what you are looking for and plan out your trip accordingly. Outlet store listings can change, and there would be no way to list all the stores here anyway. So use this only as general overview and then do a little more extensive research on any that grab your attention. Remember you can also do a search based on your favorite brands to see if there are any outlets in Atlanta for your favorite stores.
- Sugarloaf Mills – Sugarloaf Mills is in the Atlanta region, in an area called Lawrenceville, GA. This is actually the outlet mall with the greatest number of stores in the state of Georgia presently with more than 150 stores and nearly 30 eating establishments. Shoppers at Sugarloaf can find great bargains from names such as Eddie Bauer, Famous Footwear, Guess, Kenneth Cole, LEGO, Nike and Samsonite. For food choices visitors can pick from selections including Mexican, Greek, Italian, Jamaican or standard sandwiches from Subway. In addition to all of that this complex also includes a theater, skate park, mini golf, salon and spa plus enough to make this worth at least a day trip alone.
- Tanger Outlets of Locust Grove – Although considerably smaller than Sugarloaf Mills, the selection at Tanger Outlets of Locust Grove is still impressive. Located outside of Atlanta in Locust Grove, GA shoppers can select from brand name stores such as Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Columbia Sportswear, Lucky Brand Jeans, Papaya Clothing, Rocawear and Under Armour just to name a few. There’s just a Denny’s and one other place to eat though, so make plans accordingly.
- North Georgia Premium Outlets – North of Atlanta is the second largest outlet mall in Georgia, North Georgia Premium Outlets. This outlet mall location hosts around 140 stores and several places to choose from to eat. Another location worthy of a day trip, you’ll find names including Alternative Apparel, Burberry, Converse, Ed Hardy, Joe’s Jeans, Puma, Timberland and plenty more. There is a larger selection of kid’s stores at this one including BabyGap, Gymboree and Hartstrings. As far as dining goes, you can stop by for a sandwich, enjoy Asian cuisine or just grab a pretzel or ice cream from the eateries available.
- Tanger Outlet of Commerce – Still outside of Atlanta in the Northern Georgia area, shoppers enjoy the Tanger Outlet of Commerce, GA. The current number of stores is about 80, and there doesn’t appear to be any real list of restaurants, so it may be good to plan a partial day trip to this one. The shops include some of the names that aren’t always easy to find at your average outlet mall location. You can find Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Crazy 8, Direct Tools, Haggar, P.S. from Aeropastale, Rue21 and so much more.
If you’re looking to get away from Atlanta or just looking for any outlet malls in the state of Georgia, there are a few others to mention:
- Calhoun Premium Outlets in Calhoun, GA is still not far north of Atlanta. This outlet mall is a little smaller with approximately 50 stores but still worth a visit.
- Peach Shops at Byron is in the more central part of the state and has fewer than 20 stores.
- Preferred Outlets at Darien is in Darien, GA and hosts about 25 great outlet stores to choose from.
Whether you are looking for a large outlet mall near Atlanta or not, you can find what you need to do some great shopping.