Outlet shopping has long been a popular method for thrift savvy shoppers to take advantage of great savings. While outlets were once known for selling only irregulars from brands that were not as popular, the last two decades have seen serious changes in outlet shopping variety as well as respected brands. Take for example the inclusion of Nike Outlets in the world of outlet shopping centers.
For those who are loyal Nike brand devotees, nothing but this brand will do when it comes to athletic shoes and apparel. Nike Factory Stores have been around for years, but the brand itself has a history that dates back to 1972. It didn’t take long for the brand to become a popular household name.
A Winning History
Although amateur and professional athletes around the world have come to know, respect and rely on the Nike brand, it had to start somewhere first. Although millions of people know the name, few realize the history.
Here are a few details about the history of this 40 year old brand name.
- A simple handshake set in motion what was to become a brand name company that would practically rule the world in terms of athletic footwear and apparel. Bill Bowerman and his runner Phil Knight were to be joined by more than their University of Oregon bond following this fateful handshake and agreement.
- The brand started with footwear and eventually branched out to include apparel. The main focus was to be innovative in order to help every athlete reach his or her fullest potential. The belief has always been that every person with a body who was willing to put forth the effort was a potential athlete.
- Over the course of the years Nike has also become famous not just for the professional athletes who endorse the brand but also the unique business opportunities that set it apart from the rest of the pack. These are just a few of the reasons Nike has been able to grow to more than 35,000 worldwide employees and become one of the leading manufacturers of athletic shoes and apparel.
Hot Ticket Items
It should come as no surprise that Nike has plenty of best selling hot ticket items. Of course, it depends if you are looking for high performance running shoes, shoes for trail hiking or just a cool looking pair of shoes to kick around in as you walk the city streets. Here are a couple of men’s and women’s best sellers right now:
- Nike Air Rift – Originally designed in 1996, this modern day redesign has made a huge comeback. The women’s unique split-toe look is as trendy as ever and works perfectly for a hip look perfect for everyday wear.
- Nike Eclipse II – Another retro redesign, this women’s look first appeared in the ‘80s. This revamp maintains the same cool, old school running shoe design that pulls off being an everyday shoe.
- Nike Lunar Eclipse 2 – An ultimate in men’s running shoes when it comes to fit, stability and cushioning, this style is literally meant to be tailored to your foot.
- Nike Free Run 3 iD – These are actually designed with being barefoot in mind and are the closest thing you may find to running barefoot while still being protected from the ground and elements.
As far as a current hot seller at the Nike Outlets, the top choice would be:
- Nike Dunk Low Pro SB – Another throwback to an old school look, the Nike Dunk Low has a vintage look of popular skateboard inspired shoes of the ‘80s.
Part of the success of Nike is owed to securing famous athletic celebrity endorsements such as John McEnroe, Michael Jordan and Mia Hamm. In addition, Nike has also sponsored its fair share of famous athletes in every type of sport and all across the globe. All of this, plus superior, innovative products are what has helped Nike grow to what it is today.
Of course, you can find plenty of quality products from athletic stores or Nike stores that carry various shoes and other athletic apparel from this brand. In addition, you can find even bigger deals and better savings by shopping from one of the many Nike Factory Stores located throughout the U.S. today.
Nike takes get strides to offer the same high level of standards in its outlet stores as it does it standard retail locations. This includes:
- Knowledgeable, professional and courteous staff
- Being energy efficient and working with “greener” options whenever possible
- Keeping merchandise stocked, displayed and priced to make customers satisfied
Almost anywhere you live or travel these days has outlet malls and factory store shopping options. Of course, some places just seem to earn a name for themselves practically without even trying.
Some of the most popular places you will find a Nike Factory Store location, include:
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets – This is an ideal location. Within an hour of Los Angeles, Orange County and Palm Springs, Desert Hills Premium Outlet boasts a total of 130 different brand outlet stores. If you live in the area or are planning a visit to anywhere nearby, you should consider including this in your itinerary.
- Wrentham Village Premium Outlets – This location is great for NFL Nike fans because it is one of few locations that carry NFL products. The location is ideal for both locals and visitors and is within close proximity to Boston. Whether you live here, are visiting or plan on attending a nearby college, you can find Nike and other great brands at Wrentham Village Premium Outlets.
North Georgia Premium Outlets – Located within a short drive from the major city of Atlanta, North Georgia Premium Outlets are another popular choice for Nike and other popular name brands. The good news is that this location also carries the official NFL products so many standard Nike and factory outlet shoppers love to find.